Forged in Dreams and Magick - Kat Bastion A love(s) that transcends time. *Sigh* There is just something about the romance of the highlands that sucks me into a story. The mystery, atmosphere and sexy warriors of old. Alpha males and damsels in distress, a winning combo. Forged in Dreams and Magick is so much more than a highland fairytale.

Isobel stumbles on a box that has been handed down, cherished and even stolen by chieftains for centuries. It brings his soul mate to him through time and space. Isobel is that one true soul mate for Iain. After knowing him for years she is shocked when they are pulled into Iain’s time centuries in the past. Isobel has to learn their ways and adjust her thinking to acclimate to this new world of old.

Just when things are going well Isobel is yet again hurled through time and lands in another century with yet another soul mate. This one is pretty much instantaneous. Velloc the leader of a tribe even further back in time does something to her that is all encompassing and consuming. It’s Magick.

Traveling back and forth between these two men trying to understand the feelings she has for both is trying and infuriating to all involved.During the back and forth Isobel discovers that there is more to the box than lovers at both ends. Why was she chosen for this? What is the purpose? What is her role in the universe and who or what controls it. Also what she does in the past, will it change the future?

There is so much more to this book than the love triangle between worlds. There is outside forces at work. There are mysteries of the universe and secrets held by both chieftains. There will be tragedy, loss, political turmoil and unknown magical factions at play. I was completely pulled in and found myself absorbed in the world created by Bastion.

I have heard it compared to the Outlander Series by Gabaldon. To an extent, sure I see the similarity. However, Bastions world is more romance and magic and less history lesson. A more condensed story. Well written and easy to read.

I can honestly say I am hooked and cannot wait to read the next book in the series Bound by Wish and Mistletoe (Highland Legends, #1.5) coming November 2013.

((LOVE)) Review to come closer to release :)
www.ktbookreviews.com