Exquisite (Exquisite, #1) - Ella Frank There has definitely been a surge in comedy romance lately. It is a favorite genre of mine and I am thrilled at the resurgence. The Exquisite Series has been making a buzz so I snatched them up and tucked them away as a treat read. Cause a girl has to have a candy stash doesn't she? (wink)

A doctor, who is too busy to date with an ability to keep people away and a chef who is known for his playboy antics as well as his cuisine. What is not to like about this set up? I found Exquisite fun and the build up between these two a sexy ride for the most part. However, would I rank it up there with my favorites in this genre? Nope. There were a few things that put me off.Safe sex people!

The first time they get down to business the topic of birth control comes up. They don’t have condoms but, she is on the pill. Dr. Lena reassures Mason that condom free sex is okay with her. Uhhh….. Did you hear the part where I said Lena was a DOCTOR? Not to mention the fact that Lena is being dubbed in the local papers as number 34. The presumed women Mason has been with this year alone.

Also the ending was a bit over the top for me with the letters from Mason’s mom. That just seemed thrown in there to tie up loose ends. I didn’t find it all that believable.

The banter was fun and maybe due to the hype I was expecting more. I have been told that the series does get better with each book so I am hanging in there. Not the best candy but yummy none the less.

3 STARS