A Rush of Wings - Adrian Phoenix 3.5 Stars.

I really enjoyed the last 45% of this book. So I am glad I pushed through and didn’t shelve this one. It took me four tries after putting it down and deciding I had better things to do. Not what you want to hear about a book. But MAN! When things finally start, it's worth the slow start.

One of the reasons it was hard for me to get into this story was the constant sift of POV without warning. It needed a few spaces between paragraphs at least. I found it frustrating and confusing. I had heard this author compared to J.R. Ward and was drawn in by the comparison. But the only similarities I found were the use of initials instead of names for the bad guys.

On the plus side of things, once I understood the POV issues and got use to the writing style I actually LIKED the story. Fallen angels, True Bloods and crazy psycho killers, what’s not to like. Hidden pasts and lies told. Such is a good drama with a bloody edge.

So to sum this up, I will be reading the next book in this series. The author left us in a “sort of” cliff hanger. And I find myself wanting to know what will happen next. There was some back story from Heather’s character that I would really like to see flushed out. So, all in all not a bad read, just a climb to get to the good stuff.

Oh and can I just say... What is up with cover choices? Never once in the story did Heather dress or even hint at wearing what is on the cover. Not that I hate it. I just think it is a bit of a misrepresentation of her character.

For more: http://ktbookreviews.blogspot.com/