Naked in Death - J.D. Robb This is one of the longest book series I have read and one of my favorite. I began my journey with Eve Dallas a few years ago with Naked in Death. Set in futuristic New York City, homicide detective Eve Dallas works cases, bust balls and battles demons from her past. A woman in a male heavy career field very close to burning out. Eve grew up in the foster care system going from home to home. Once she became of age, off to the police academy she went. A need for control and a need to have order, rules and morals was the push.

In book one Eve meets Roake. Life as she knows it over the next 30 plus books will completely change. Although each book is a new case the evolution of Eve is a heart wrenching, fist pumping journey. We see hard edges soften. Connections form and a new prospective of those rules, order and morals taking shape. Not everything is black and white. There is a lot of grey.

The biggest thread through out J.D’s In Death series is that love is great but it damn sure isn’t easy. It takes work. I love seeing Eve “get it” being that she has no point of reference of how love works. Her complete and utter lack of understanding basic emotions and relationships compared to being able to get into the mind of a killer is often funny. Not to mention her nonexistent fashion sense LOL! Roake has the patience of a saint. A hot, rich, sexy Irish saint that is! Eve learns how to be a friend and that having people in your life can be a good thing. With the help of Dr. Mira Eve peels back the memories within her dreams to confront a past her mind wants to reject during her waking hours. This journey is an ongoing back story throughout the series. I found myself championing her each step whispering out loud “you’ll be ok” Silly I know. But that’s what a good series does.

Secondary characters I simply LOVE. Peabody, Summerset (LOL), McNab, Feeny and Galahad. And who the hell is the candy thief? They are rich characters written with much humor and sarcasm. Always a plus in my book.

Now I said before they live in ‘futuristic New York” but not too much. The world is still the same but medicine has grown leaps and bounds, travel to space is an everyday occurrence. Real coffee is limited and an extreme luxury. If that’s what the future holds I am in major trouble ya’ll! Once Roake found out that weakness it was exploited J But the best thing is a lovely machine that all you have to do is stock it with food and it cooks EVRYTHING!!! Long work day? No problem I got dinner in five!

Now many know that J.D. Robb is actually Nora Roberts. But this series is NOTHING like the Nora books I have read. They are gritty, hard and edgy compared to the more sweet romantic books Nora is known for. The next book to come is Calculated In Death (In Death #36) to be released February 26, 2013.

P.S Couldn't forget the button.....sigh :)

For more http://ktbookreviews.blogspot.com/