Shooting Scars - 'Karina Halle' When I finished the first words out of my mouth was....HOLY F#&@ING S#*T! AMAZING!!
Really. Every now and again a series come at you out of nowhere and grabs you by the throat. I struggled to breath many times reading Shooting Scars. Alone in a car with Javier driving away from Camden Elli’s fear is palpable. It begins just where it stopped in Sins and Needles.

Dual POV’s with Camden and Ellie keep the action moving along at a breath taking pace. Ellie is back where it all began and ended with Javier. He needs her. Our anti-hero has always needed her but to what end, to what demise? I want to love him, see him get redemption, but he has grown up in this world of deceit and a ruthlessness that makes his way of thinking unimaginable.

Camden, friend from childhood and is truly the love that Ellie really needs. He shows us a side I never thought possible. But when you have been used and betrayed, beaten and hunted a person changes.
The sheer depth to which he will dive to get to his Ellie was terrifying at times. Someone’s not a kid anymore.

Ellie. Sometimes to close a circle you have to revisit the past. By will or by force Ellie will do just that. Ellie will do what she feels she has to do to save the people she cares about most. Even if those people think she feels nothing at all. Ellie learns that what some feel is love isn’t love at all but a weapon to use against her.

I am trying my best to be spoiler free about this review. It is raw, gritty, breathtaking, heart wrenching and scary as hell. I read through the night and felt wiped out. When does the next and final book come out? Lord let it be soon!

I am excited for it. The dynamic at the end left a huge smile on my face with anticipation for the next book. Because it is gonna be gooooooood!

5 HOLY F#&@ING S#*T! AMAZING!! STARS